Friday 22 March 2013

Mullion Cove






Date: Wednesday 20th March 2013
Route: Circular route from Mullion Cove
Distance: 7 miles

With a beautiful day instore, we decided to tackle another walk on the Lizard Peninsula from the AA's 1001 Walks.

A bit further round the coast than Kynance Cove, the starting point for a walk earlier in the week, Mullion Cove boasts a small working harbour owned by the National Trust and once a mainstay of the pilchard industry.

The walk starts off by heading up onto the hillside away from the coast, crossing farmland and the Kynance Nature Reserve, before returning back to Mullion Harbour along an open and at times slightly boggy section of the coastal path.

It is no surprise that this walk is situated in an official Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, although I would say that the Lizard walk that I blogged about previously is slightly more beautiful.

I must admit, I may just be slightly less enthusiastic about this walk because we got a bit lost and ended up on a very muddy trail (see photo above); slipping into a muddy puddle and getting so dirty that my husband refused to give me a hand up probably wasn't a high point of the walk either, but despite all of this, I would still recommend this walk (though possibly when the land has dried out a bit!).

No comments:

Post a Comment